Important Organizations in Jammu & Kashmir
Published on: Apr 5, 2012
This section provides complete information about Important Organizations in Jammu and Kashmir. It also provides the contact details of each and every Important Organizations in Jammu and Kashmir. The best Apex Bodies in Jammu and Kashmir are covered here. If any Important Organizations in Jammu and Kashmir is missing in this list, kindly inform us using our Contact Form. Students studying in Important Organizations in Jammu and Kashmir can also write to us to give their reviews and feedback.
We have made the best efforts to provide accurate information on Jammu and Kashmir Important Organizations. This list of Apex Bodies in Jammu and Kashmir is compiled from various authentic sources and hence can be relied upon. Still if there are any errors, please do let us know. Remember, www.jkeducation.net is your best source for all educational information inJammu and Kashmir.
Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education
The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education was founded under the act of legislature called the Jammu & Kashmir Board of School Education Act 1975. The board is an autonomous body which looks after and administers school education in the state. The head of the board is a Chairman. The board has territorial authority all over the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
The state government of Jammu and Kashmir gets advice from the board on matters concerning with academic guidance, prescribing the courses of study and conduct of examinations for Elementary, Secondary and Higher Secondary examinations, besides promotion of education for all.
The Jammu And Kashmir Board of SchoolEducation has two divisional offices situated at Rehari colony, Jammu and New Campus, Bye Pass Bemina, Srinagar.
Directorate of Technical Education, Jammu & Kashmir
The Directorate of Technical Education Jammu & Kashmir was founded in 1981 by the formation of a unified body for the administration and control of the institutions providing technical and vocational training in the state. The incorporation was felt a must to coordinate the related training activities andto affect much efficient utilization of the mutual resources for the overall development of the training scenario in the state. The time Directorate was made there were 2 Polytechnics, and 21 ITIs, now this number rose to 12 Polytechnics and 37 ITIs. The various activities of the department are mentioned below
1. Technician Training in the course of the Polytechnics, leading to the award of Diploma in Engineering/Non-Engineering fields. [The courses are conducted under the technical control of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) at the center.]
2. Conduct of Non-formal courses under the Community Polytechnic Scheme through Govt. and Private Polytechnics. The courses are also conducted through the Ministry of HRD. These are non-formal Courses of 3-6 months duration and are conducted in the Polytechnics and also the Extension Centers in the rural areas.
3. Craftsman Training through the ITI's, leading to the award of Diploma/Certificate in Craftsmanship. The course are job-oriented, with the purpose of producing skilled workers and are conducted under the technical leadership of the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) through a network of ITI's in the State.
4. Apprenticeship Training in the field, leading to the award of Diploma/Certificate in Apprenticeship. Courses are for actual industrial workers, who are trained on the job as fully skilled workers. The scheme is conducted through the National Apprenticeship Council (NAC) at the national level.
State Board of Technical Education (SBOTE)
The State Board of Technical Education (SBTE) has been set up by the government as a separate unit of Directorate of Technical Education in 1981. Now SBTE is an autonomous institution by an Act of 2002, of the state legislature. The main tasks of the board are mentioned here.
- Affiliation of Institutes/ Courses ,
- Conduct of Examinations of the Polytechnics ,
- Certification, etc.
Board of Professional Entrance Examination
The Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BPOE) is the competent authority for conducting engineering, medical and many other professional entrance examinations in the state. The board was established in 1987 as a separate entity of the government. Prior to the formation of the BPOE, these examinations were administered by a designated Government Department in the Civil Secretariat as an additional item of its work.In 1987 the BPOE was made fully responsible for the conduct of professional entrance examinations in the state. In the year 2002, Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations, Act was passed by the State Legislature and the Board of Professional Entrance Examinations was constituted under this Act. A Chairman heads the board. Other full time officers of the Board are Secretary, Controller of Examination, Financial Advisor / Chief Accounts Officer, and Law Officer and many others.
The Board of Professional Entrance Examination has the responsibility to administer following entrance examination in the state-
- Postgraduate Medical Degree and Diploma courses,
- Postgraduate courses in Agricultural Sciences,
- MBBS and BDS,
- Veterinary Sciences courses,
- B.Sc. Agriculture/B.Sc. Forestry,
- Engineering courses,
- Teacher Education,
- Diploma courses in Polytechnics,
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medical Sciences (BAMS),
- Bachelor of Unani Medical Sciences (BUMS)