JK PGMET 2012 Eligibility Criteria
JK PGMET Eligibility Criteria for appearing in PGMET and admission into Postgraduate Diploma/Degree Medical/Dental Programs are mentioned below.
- Be a permanent resident doctor of the Jammu and Kashmir State.
- Possess MBBS / BDS (as the case may be) degree from the University of Jammu / University of Kashmir or an equivalent degree recognized by the University of Jammu / University of Kashmir and the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India and is registered with the State Medical Council / State Dental Council.
- Have completed satisfactorily one years pre-registration compulsory rotatory internship in a duly recognized institution as laid down by the University of Jammu / University of Kashmir for registration as a Medical Graduate/Dental Graduate.
- Be eligible in terms of Notification SRO-08 of 2005
- Be eligible in terms of SRO 430 of 2007 Dt. 27.12.2007 (For in service candidates)
JK PGMET Eligibility Criteria For Hospital Administration
Two years experience in a Hospital or in the Health Services on either one or more than one of the administrative positions as under :-
Dy. Director of Health Services; Dy. Director of Family Welfare; Asstt. Director Health Services; Asstt. Director Family Welfare; Chief Medical Officer; Health and Family Welfare / Health Officer; Dy. CMO; District Health Officer; PHC Medical Superintendent of a Hospital; Assistant Medical Superintendent of a Hospital; Resident Medical Officer in a teaching Medical College, Hospital; Medical Officer Incharge of Scheme Special Officer; Stores Medical Officer Epidemiology. Three-years as Assistant Surgeon, Medical Officer in the State or Central Health Services. OR
One year as Jr. Resident in the Department of Hospital Administration along with one year as Assistant Surgeon, Medical Officer in the State or Central Health Services.
For candidates applying under rural service category
1. The rural service means service rendered in areas at least 20 km away from the Municipal/Town area limits from the shortest possible routes.
2. The rural service certificate should be issued by Director Health and Family Welfare to the effect that the candidate has served in rural areas for five or more than five years.
NOTE : Application forms of all the in-service doctors must be routed through Director Health Services.
JK PGMET 2012 Reservation Criteria
Reservation and distribution of seats of PGMET, Jammu and Kashmir under different categories is given below.
- Reservation/Distribution of Seats
- Open Merit Category: 65%
- Reserved Category: 35%
- Category wise reservation in respect of various reserved categories is as below
- Scheduled Castes 4%
- Scheduled Tribes 5%
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes
- Residents of Backward Area 10%
- Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control 2%
- Weak and Under Privileged Classes (Social Castes) 1%
- Children of Defence Personnel/Military Forces and State Police Personnel: 2%
- Candidates possessing outstanding 1% proficiency in sports.
- Open merit category other than those 10% shown in item (i) above who have served for a minimum period of 5 year in Rural Areas.
Duration of JK PGMET Courses
- The duration of the postgraduate Medical/Dental degree course shall be three years including the period of examination.
- The Duration of the postgraduate medical diploma course shall be two years including the period of examination