Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
Updated on: Apr 22, 2013
The University has been established under Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Act in the year 1999. It was inaugurated in August 2004 by the then President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. The Mission of the University is the pursuit of Education, Scholarship and Research at the highest International levels of excellence.
Several courses at undergraduate, postgraduate level are offered by the university. The University is highly technical and fully residential.
Admissions are offered to a student on the basis of rank secured in All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) and Management Aptitude Test (MAT) to engineering and MBA courses respectively.
- To promote study and research in new and emerging areas and encourage
academic interaction of the faculty and students at national and
- To encourage close collaboration with industry and facilitate the
application of research for commercial use and for the benefit of
- To provide education and training of excellent quality both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To ensure that the University achieves and maintains an international standing in both teaching and research.
- The university has a centrally air-conditioned state of the art
auditorium of the University Matrika. It has a seating capacity of
1000 persons, 700 at the ground floor and 300 at the balcony level. It
has fully equipped seminar halls and conference halls.
- The J&K Bank
and Oriental Bank of Commerce have a branch each on the campus which
caters to the students, staff, and faculty members of the university.
- Good Health care facilities with a full time Lady Doctor & a Medical Officer along with one Female Nurse, one pharmacist, one Male Nursing staff, one Lab are also available in the campus.
- The University has a department of sports which plays a great role in promoting competitive games and sports in the University on the State and National Level by organizing the sports programmes, sports seminars and by developing the sports infrastructure in the campus.
The Department of Sports has the following facilities:
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Cricket Ground
- Football Ground
- Tracks & Field for various athletic events
- Badminton Court
- TT Tables in various hostels
- Indoor games like Chess, Carrom etc.
- An outdoor sports complex